Probably the worst types of people are the ones that shut you down to make themselves look cooler than you, for example if you get excited and squeal and they’re like “woah what was that..” or if you talk loudly because you’re passionate about something and they say “relax dude wow” and then give a look… Like fuck off stop trying to act so cool and collected. You don’t seem more mature you just seem fucking boring and monotonously placid.
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
A six word story.
You know, trying to get over someone is only half the battle. The other half is fought when you wear their favourite sweater, when you hear their favourite song and when you taste their favourite fruit. It’s seeing the first film you watched together again and trying to pay attention to the actors instead of remembering how close you were to grasping his hand and burying your head into his shoulder.
You can’t get over him because you didn’t do all the things that you said you would. He promised things. You promised things. Those promises meant things. And deep down you kinda knew things weren’t going to work out, but a bigger part of you was hoping they might. And hope is a bitch sometimes.
There isn’t really some magical formula for getting over someone. You miss them because, like it or not, they found a gap in your life and filled it almost to perfection. Now you gotta fill it in yourself and that hurts.
I can’t tell you how. I can’t tell you why. But you’re not alone, I can tell you that much.